Online Books
Tim W
2011-05-24 12:22:11 UTC
I was looking for Classical French Cuisine online. The works of Antonin
Careme or some other authority on French Cooking. Can't find it, can anyone
help? If you wanted to look up for instance exactly what goes into a
Bechamel or what a Julienne is and you wanted the orthodox, old fashioned
established answer and not a tv chef's instructions where could you find
that kind of info?

Tim W
Jean B.
2011-05-27 03:35:48 UTC
Post by Tim W
I was looking for Classical French Cuisine online. The works of Antonin
Careme or some other authority on French Cooking. Can't find it, can anyone
help? If you wanted to look up for instance exactly what goes into a
Bechamel or what a Julienne is and you wanted the orthodox, old fashioned
established answer and not a tv chef's instructions where could you find
that kind of info?
Tim W
Have you tried searching in google books? I looked up Carême and
got a mere 382K hits. I am not sure what would serve your
purposes though. The newer books, which I am pondering, would not
be available online.
Jean B.
Sqwertz
2011-05-30 04:40:55 UTC
Post by Tim W
I was looking for Classical French Cuisine online. The works of Antonin
Careme or some other authority on French Cooking. Can't find it, can anyone
help? If you wanted to look up for instance exactly what goes into a
Bechamel or what a Julienne is and you wanted the orthodox, old fashioned
established answer and not a tv chef's instructions where could you find
that kind of info?
You can get Julia Child Mastering the Art of French Cooking VIA
torrent download. IOW, illegal file sharing. I'm not sure if you'd
call that "classical", though. And she does count as a TV chef.

[Clickety click] Here's one version of the book:

<http://bittorrent.am/download.php?id=4231376&name=Julia%20Child%20%20%20Mastering%20the%20Art%20of%20French%20Cooking>

You'd need a torrent client ot be able to download it properly.

-sw